How to Make an Engineering Support Request for IronOCR
We appreciate your taking the time to help us improve IronOCR and resolve any issue you may be experiencing.The vast majority of our features and updates are driven by customer requests, and we consider software development a 2-way conversation between our customers and our developers.
Reading our troubleshooting guides may make you aware of common issues and limitations of IronOCR.
To provide support, our engineering team will need to be able to efficiently replicate an issue and create regression tests. Most issues we see are platform or runtime specific. As such, we need to be provided with extremely concise information.
A Concise, Clear Description of the Issue
A good technical report must include enough information to reproduce the issue. Imagine you are reporting the issue to a colleague or posting on stack overflow.
A bug report should contain:
- A clear description of the symptoms experienced and any ideas you may have regarding their cause.
- Enough information to completely reproduce the experiencing, including Images and PDFs you are processing.
- Environment: IronOCR Version, OS and .NET runtime version, (exact cloud environment if applicable)
Please include as many of the following as possible, to prioritize your ticket:
- Example Project that fully reproduces the issue (see below)
- A stack-overflow style code snippet (please do not screenshot code)
- Screenshots of symptoms / exceptions
- Exception message text (Exception + Inner Exception)
- At which debugging point does the process stop working or escape in the code?
- Input parameters and assets: Images, PDFs...
How to Attach an Example Project
An example project that accurately replicates an entire issue in isolation enables our engineers to simply and swiftly recognize and understand an issue.
This is the gold standard for reproducibility and will generally expedite a support request to the top of the stack.
Our preferred format is a zipped, simple, standalone .NET console or web app project:
- Please enable full sharing when sending a Google Drive or Drobox link.
- Bin folder is not required as its inclusion bloats the zip file
Please Also Include:
- Input files (working and non-working), including Image files and PDFs
- The expected output
How to Contact our Engineering Team
Please send all support requests to email@example.com.