Getting the Best Support for IronOCR
Thank you for taking the time to get IronOCR working properly. We have a team of engineers working to improve IronOCR with regular releases. Updates are often deployed on NuGet every 1 to 2 months.
To help us help you we need to categorize the issue you are having into one of the following types:
Exceptions and Bugs
If you receive a fatal error with IronOCR that stops you using our code, we want to know! The clearer the bug report, the faster it will be resolved. Please report it by following instructions on our Exceptions & Bug Reporting Page to isolate the issue.
- Reading our trouble-shooting guides_ _and language pack FAQs may make you aware of common issues and limitations of IronOCR.
- If your issue is in the following list of known issues - a solution may already be available:
Known Deployment Issues
If your solution works locally but fails when deployed to another machine, we would love to improve our support of that platform and appreciate you making a bug report with details of the machine where the issue occurs.
If your issue is in the following list of known issues - a solution may already be available:
- _System.Exception: Could not initialize Tesseract. The fallback logic failed. _Please install Visual C++ Runtimes on Windows for both 32 bit and 64 bit runtimes.
- Unhandled exception: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException This is a known limitation for supporting Celeron and Atom processors. A planned fix is in progress.
Linux, Docker and MacOS
- Unhandled exception. System.DllNotFoundException: Could not find or load the native library from any name: [ libgdiplus, libgdiplus.so ] or [ libgdiplus, libgdiplus.dylib ] You may need to install libgdiplus to support System.Drawing.Common on your Linux or MacOS operating system
- System.TypeInitializationException : The type initializer for 'Gdip' threw an exception. .NET 6 specific issues on Linux and Mac. You may need to add support for Microsoft System.Drawing.Common to your .NET 6 project or use .NET Framework, Core 3.1 or .NET5 until this general limitation of .NET 6 is improved.
Azure Functions v3 and v4
- Exceptions about "OCRData file not found" can be resolved using our Azure function deployment guide.
Our most common questions are about licensing:
- How to get licensed for IronOCR and which license apply to your use case.
- How to apply a license key for commercial deployment is also a very common article.
If these do not apply or assist in resolving the issue and you would like to request assistance from one of our highly trained engineers, please follow this guide to produce the swiftest resolution.