IronBarcode is a .NET library allowing developers to read and generate barcodes. This leading .NET barcode library supports a wide range of 1D and 2D barcodes including decorated (colored and branded) QR codes.
- C# (Tutorial)
- Read and write barcodes in C#
- Read and write barcodes in VB.NET
- Read and write barcodes in F#
- .NET 7, 6 & 5
- IronBarcode is compatible with .NET 7, 6 & 5.
- .NET Core 3x & 2x
- IronBarcode is compatible with .NET Core 3x & 2x.
- The current .NET Core release supports Linux, Unix and macOS client operating systems as well as Mono.
- A future release will support Mono and Xamarin mobile environments.
- .NET Standard 2x
- IronBarcode is compatible with .NET Standard 2.0 and upwards.
- .NET Framework 4.6.2+
- IronBarcode is compatible with .NET Framework 4.6.2 and upwards.
- Console, Web, & Desktop
- Create apps for console, web and desktop utilizing IronBarcode.
- Microsoft Windows (Tutorial)
- Create any application on Windows.
- macOS (How-To)
- Create any application on macOS.
- Linux (How-To)
- Create any application on Linux using Debian, CestOS, Ubuntu.
- Docker (How-To)
- Create any application on Docker using Windows, Linux or Azure.
- Azure (How-To)
- Create any application on Azure using VPS, Webapps, Websites, Functions.
- Create any application on AWS using EC2 or Lambda.
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Create any application using Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Create any application using IronBarcode with Blazor. (How-To)
- Jetbrains ReSharper & Rider
QR & 2D Matrix
- QR Code
- Styled QR Code
- MaxiCode (Read Only)
- UPS Barcode
- USPS Intelligent Mail Barcode (Read Only)
- USPS OneCode Barcodes
Modern Linear Barcodes
- Code 39
- Code 128
- The GS1-128 is a variant of Code 128, which can encode all ASCII alphanumeric characters in a barcode format. GS1-128 defines both data types and formats that are used for exchange and logistics between entities. Food companies use this barcoding format to share company, product, and shipping information.
- RSS14 (Reduce Space Symbology 14) (Read Only)
- Support for stacked linear rendering.
- RSS Expanded (Read Only)
- GS1 Databar
Older Linear Barcodes
Read Many Image Formats
- Supports barcode reading from JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG, BMP, TIFF and GIF image formats.
- Multipage Images
- Read one or many frames from within multi-page GIF and TIFF image formats.
- System.Drawing Objects
- Read Barcodes from PDF documents on single, multiple or all pages.
Set Accuracy & Performance
- Single/Multi Barcode Reading
- Specify the reader to scan once, many or all barcode formats for greater accuracy and performance.
- Specify Crop Regions
- Choose to specify crop areas within scanned document regions to increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Set Output Format
BarcodeResultimage objects (API Reference) can be disabled to further increase performance.
- Multithreading Support
- Automatically manages multithreading for batch barcode scanning and also for reading multiple pages within multi-frame TIFFs, GIFs and PDFs.
Image Correction Filters
- Adaptive Threshold (API Reference)
- Applies Bradley Adpative Threshold algorithm.
- Binary Threshold (API Reference)
- Applies binarization to the image by splitting the pixels.
- Brightness (API Reference)
- Adjusts image brightness.
- Contrast (API Reference)
- Adjusts image contrast.
- Invert (API Reference)
- Inverts the colors of the image.
- Sharpen (API Reference)
- Applies Gaussian sharpening to the image.
Output Data Formats
You can create a barcode with texts, numbers or binary data. All characters in the Unicode standard UTF-8 are supported.
Write To Document Types
- Save as Image Files JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG, BMP, TIFF and GIF image formats.
- System.Drawing Objects
- Save to
- Save to
- Save to
- Save as Image Streams.
- Save to
- Save to a DataURI for inline embedding in HTML.
- Save as an HTML file.
- Save to a complete HTML img tag with the full barcode image embedded.
- Save as PDF file, PDF stream or PDF binary data.
- Existing PDF
- Stamp or annotate onto a set position within an Existing PDF.
Encoding Barcode Data
Encodes text, URLs, binary data (byte, streams) and numbers depending on format support.
Checking Fault Tolerance
- Null Check
- Null checking catches the error earlier.
- Automatic checking, correction addition of checksums such as GTIN checksums for UPC-A and UPC-E barcodes.
- Format Aware
- Aware of format lengths and wilh zero pad numbers to ensure valid barcodes are generated.
- Detailed Error messages
- A detailed Exception model comprising of 7 custom exception types that guide developers to solve critical issues giving detailed error messages.
- Custom QR Error Correction
- Custom QR Error Correction settings allowing barcodes to become faster to read and more fault tolerant.
GeneratedBarcode class allows for inline barcode styling including:
- Resizing while automatically keeping valid barcode proportions.
- Margins & Borders
- Add margins and borders.
- Check final image dimensions.
- Recoloring barcodes and their backgrounds.
- Verify barcodes are readable after styling using a single method call.
- Add Text Annotations
- Add text annotations or print the barcode values automatically above or below any barcode using any installed typeface.
- Features automatic text sizing and positioning.
- Add Logos to QR Codes
- Add Logos to QR codes with automatic "snap to QR grid" image alignment.
- Support for colored QR codes.